Saturday, January 3, 2009

I guess I need to blog more often!

So often, on my way back home I'll plan to update my blog and equally often I forget. But today a good friend of mine said that I haven't updated my blog for a while. I was very pleased that at least one person checks this blog and felt the least I could do was make an entry today. Not tomorrow or next week; today. Thanks Fred!

Gerard and I spent Christmas at my cousin Ajoy's place in NJ. His sister Tania and her family were there too. They both have 2 kids each and Gerard loves hanging out with them. We spent a week with them in the summer which was also a great experience for both of us.

I spent Christmas Eve with Robert and Elke and Elke had made some German cookies which were amazing. We had a great evening and it was very nice to meet their parents and daughter. One highlight of my visits to my cousins' is the food which is always great, but more importantly for me are the sweets which are outstanding; more so at Christmas - memories of Christmases in Bombay!

Another highlight was playing in the snow with Gerard. We had a ton of snow over the past couple of weeks and Gerard and I had such a great time. We went sledding last year which was fun too.

I want to take him skiing but I'm apprehensive about the whole process. I'm planning to take him tubing with Mark, Salil and their boys which should be a good way to start.

That's it for now. I hope to be back soon. I wish you all the very best for 2009!

No comments: