Monday, October 20, 2008

Yoga!

Just got back from yoga and a meeting. I rode my bike there and back and getting to Cambridge from Chelsea on a bike is a little hairy, especially at night but it's a good workout - 12 miles RT - and helps justify the sweets I eat :D

I started yoga recently at Karma Yoga Studio. I really love it and have a lot of respect for the women (it's mostly women which is a nice fringe benefit!) because of their strength and flexibility. A long time ago, well a few years anyway, I read about older people who are now in better shape today than they were at say at 20 because of running or whatever. Since then I've aspired to be like that and I think yoga is a great way to get there.

Today's class was Vinyasa which I liked and I tried Anusara a few days ago which I didn't - not so much the style as much as the teacher. I'm very much at the beginner level and literally everyone else are at much higher levels and none of them are Indian!

Anyway, here's another biking photo of Gerard and I from a month or two ago

Photobucket

3 comments:

Noel Barretto said...

very cool! can't wait to hear what business you're planning to start. All the very best.

Adrian said...

Ver cool indeed! What's happening with the new business?

We think that Gerard did a fantastic job on "We Are The Champions". Bit disappointing that no guitars were smashed at the end though :)

deBurn said...

hey Noel and Adrian, I didnt realize till just now that I had comments on my blog! Sorry!!

See my latest post for job updates.

Gerard btw has moved on from We are the Champions. His current favs are Don't Stop Me Now and Crazy Train!! I have to play both of them every time we're in the car!