Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Went to my first meditation class today and I'm sold!

I started going to yoga about 2 years ago and really liked it and have continued to go, though not as often as I'd like, partly because I started mountain biking this year, which ironically makes yoga more beneficial for me!

Anyway, I hope to continue to go regularly. I prefer what I call a more contemplative style and Jesse at Karma Yoga Studio offers a style that he designed called Physio Yoga which draws heavily from the science of physical therapy and is very focused on prevention of injury, which is something I try to do with any sport or activity.

I've always wanted to practice meditation and have done a little bit - very little - and also tried to do it at home which is very challenging for me. Cambridge Insight Meditation Center has a beginner's class every Tuesday and that's where I went this evening.

It was crowded - about maybe 100 people! And I was surprised to see that there were a lot of men there, maybe as much as 50%, and a lot of them were fairly young ie about my age j/k. I plan to go there every Tuesday and maybe I'll see you there one of these days.

Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: