Thursday, August 13, 2009

My first charity bike ride

I heard of and managed to get a 'rider scholarship'. Very excited to be doing my first charity bike ride. The ride is from Boston to Provincetown and riders have a choice of doing either Boston to Sagamore Bridge, Sagamore Bridge to P'town, which are each about 63 miles or the whole thing which is 125 miles.

I'm going to do the first leg, and then at Sagamore Bridge decide whether I want to go further or not - at or after that point if you decide you've had enough all you have to do is get to the next rest area - they're 15 miles apart - and they'll drop you at Ptown.

Earlier this year I did a 44 mile ride which is the most I've gone in a single day. The most before that was 30ish but I haven't been riding much since. Hopefully I'll be able to rack up a lot of miles before the ride.

Go to http://www.harbortothebay.org/ for more info and let me know if you'd like to support me for the ride ie contribute to the cause which is AIDS, and for the me the really cool thing is that 100% of all contributions go directly to the cause, in part because they are fully staffed by volunteers. Happy riding!

No comments: